It was in January 1983 that Dr. Erwin Weßling laid down the foundation stone of the company in the town of Altenberge, starting the first chapter of the company’s success story.
This success story continues to unfold even now, a generation later: the international WESSLING Group, and its 1600 employees, is now led by Julia, Florian, Anna and Diana Weßling, towards a future of prosperity.
The very first laboratory was established by Dr. Erwin Weßling in a 18th century windmill in the heart of the Münster region. This was then followed by the opening of new WESSLING laboratories across Germany and, since 1992, in other countries. Today, 35 years after its launch the company has 25 branch units in Europe and China.
Through years of continuous growth and expansion the company held on to its principles and built up an enviable reputation in consultancy based on engineering and scientific knowledge and expertise, tailored to customers’ concrete specific requirements, relying on precise analytical methods and test results.
With the launching of subsidiaries in Hungary, France, Germany and Romania, communication reached an international level. To enable smooth and unimpeded communication of information and knowledge towards partners and subsidiaries alike, WESSLING adopts English for a corporate language.
“We spare no effort to manage the family business towards a future of success” – and after Dr. Erwin Weßling’s handover of the relay baton now Julia, Florian, Anna and Diana Weßling are in charge of the company. It took years to prepare for the succession and the handover ceremony was solemn and touching.
1 / 7